DTTG... So far, so good...

Hello All,

Figured I would pop something up here. It’s not particularly important or anything, but since this is the feedback section, why not! :wink:

I purchased DTTO yesterday afternoon.
I had a bit of extra credit lying around in my iTunes account - having prepped for purchasing Mavericks (that turned out, of course, to be free!)…

I was very nervous about potentially ‘blowing’ $15… The iTunes comments/reviews, have a fair amount of people complaining about synching issues - and there are obviously quite a few doing the rounds on this forum as well…

So - I guess I wasn’t exactly going in to this with high expectations - but, so far, I have been pleasantly surprised! Yes - there have been 1/2 minor issues - with a connection error popping up most frequently… But a bit of playing around with the “reset” option, usually gets things going again…

But what has me most excited - is the potential! I would much prefer to do my highlighting/annotating of pdf’s on Goodreader/my iPad, than on my MBP… It means I’m not necessarily tied to my desk anymore… Yes - I will still need to make a plan about aligning highlighter colours between GR and DTP (hopefully I will be able to make a plan here) - and will still need to check one or two things (if I highlight in GR/iPad - can the highlight be ‘removed/cleansed’ off the PDF in DTP?) - but as I’ve said - so much potential here…

By example - I replicated a 1 page pdf out of a research folder, into the synch folder - synched it over to the iPad - exported it into Goodreader - made changes - exported it back to DTTG - synched again - opened it in DTP - confirmed the changes had been reflected, and then opened the sister/twin/replicated file in the research folder, and the changes were there as well… :laughing:

I know - [u]OLD[/u] news for most people here - but wow - this going to be really useful…

Oh - and to top it all off - I never actually realised I would be able to import files from my other apps (e.g. NoteTakerHD) into DTTG, to then synch it’s way back into DTP… I had some really neat/nifty/klunky Hazel & IFTTT workarounds, that do amazing things (automatic OCR’ing, if needed) before getting the file into DTP - but having DTTG right on my iPad will no doubt make things easier… Once again - OLD news - cannot quite work out why I never had a closer look at DTTG earlier, but hey - better late than never…

So - don’t know who I’ve written this for… Maybe for others who, like me, were possibly put off by a lot of the negative spin… I for one am very glad I took the chance…

I know it might still end up frustrating me - and I really hope I don’t end up with duplicate entries like some folk have - but I’ll say it for a 3rd time - the potential on offer here, has me quite prepared to take the risk!! 8)

Thanks, Cassady. Though we are hard at work on DTTG2 to bring you a better and more robust mobile experience, your kind words are nice to hear. :slight_smile:

DTTG has become more stable. One of the core features of DT Pro that has made it a mainstay on my desktop is the ability to for a file to “open with” such that it can be edited by its native application and then returned to my DT library.

Sandboxing, etc. has destroyed that on the iPad. Even though DTTG syncs well enough, I can see all my useful information in pdf files, Pages files, etc. but cannot meaningfully interact with them on my iPad.

I appreciate DTTG 2 is under development and suspect significant amounts of resources are being directed its way. The wait has been difficult as so few comments have been made on the minimum viable feature set users cannot plan for the release. It has been frustrating…