DTTG Trial to V3

I bought DTTG a couple of years ago and upgraded to the Trial v3. Not expecting to pay for the upgrade to 3 until end of August 2021.
However, I uninstalled DDTG on my iPhone, reinstalled it (v.3 from Apple) and now cannot get past the opening screen to pay £34.99 (or the Month/Yearly options).
Have I screwed up? Can I go back to the Trial version and pay for the upgrade later?
To continue using DTTG 3 do I have to make the purchase at this time?
Thanks, and apologies if this has been asked before but couldn’t find anything.

No worries!
Are you updated to DEVONthink To Go 3.1.6?
Is there a thumbs up icon at the ottom of the screen? If so, clicking it should get you back into DEVONthink To Go.

Yes - DEVONthink To Go 3.1.6.
No Thumb Icon though. When I open the App it takes me directly to the ‘options’ to pay for Version 3 One-Time Purchase or Monthly or Yearly payments.

After you reinstalled DEVONthink To Go 3 it won’t offer you the free upgrade intro unless version 2 is installed at the same time at least once so that version 3 can check eligibility. When you deleted version 3 and reinstalled it you wiped that information so it has to perform the check again.

Installed version 2 from 2018 (found in Hidden purchases on App Store account).
Then installed version 3. After a restart of iPhone I’m in DTTG version 3.1.6.
Selecting ‘Manage’ from the Settings takes me to a Subscription page 'Version 3 free upgrade intro) Subscription active until 31 Aug 2021. Selecting the ‘Manage’ button to the right of this takes me to the Apple Subscriptions page for Renewal Receipts.
Going to the App on the App Store shows the various In-App Purchase options.
On 31 August, will I be able to purchase the upgrade (£17.99)? Will version 3.1.7 fix this?

Version 3.1.7 will fix that there’s a Manage button that does nothing useful for the free upgrade intro. And on September 1st you’ll get asked by DEVONthink To Go again for a subscription and you can choose, e.g., the upgrade for the reduced price.

Thanks Eric. You have been so helpful.

Please let me know if 3.1.7, out today, fixes the issue for you.

The upgrade worked and all is fine. Thanks. I’m now on version 3.1.8. On my iPhone.
I bought an iPad Air at the weekend and tried to install DTTG onto that but the opening page shows the full 3 payment options. If I pay for the upgrade now on my iPhone, will I be able to download DTTG to my iPad as well?

• Is the new device logged into the same Apple ID?
    • If so, do you see an option to restore your purchase at the bottom of the screen?

Same Apple ID but no option to restore purchase.

This is the image I get…

Thanks.
@eboehnisch will have to comment on this further.

Please accept my sincere apologies. I went back into my apple account, found the purchase of version 2 and installed it. Then installed DTTG 3, restart iPad and all is well. DTTG trial 3 is on both iPhone and iPad now.
I should have read through the earlier discussion as the information is all there.
Once again, sorry.

2 Likes

Actually there should always be a Retry/Restore button except under certain circumstances. I‘m currently on vacation and will have a look as soon as I‘m back to my Mac.

1 Like

No worries!
We’re just glad to hear things are worked out :slight_smile:

@BLUEFROG @eboehnisch I purchased DT iOS app in 2016 and don’t see the upgrade intro anymore. I initially clicked it away, and also tried uninstalling, rebooting and reinstalling DT 2 and 3 again, but I’m only seeing the subscription and upgrade one-time purchase not the trial.

Am I missing something?

There was an upgrade intro period for half a year that ended in September this year. You can get a free trial month when you subscribe. It turns into a paid subscription like all subscriptions on iOS.