Big thanks for the great update of DTTG, which now contains various improvements for Shortcuts.
One of these brings the possibility to the ‘Update content’ action which now allows for updating a sheet in DTTG. That’s ideal for all kind of situations, like registering a water meter for example.
- Open DTTG
- Create a sheet called ‘Water Meter’ in the global inbox
- Add headings like date and number
- Open Shortcuts
- Create a shortcut called Water Meter
- Add ‘Ask for Input’ action and set action parameters (number)
- Add the input to a variable called ‘
- Add DTTG ‘Update content’ action, select ‘Water Meter’, set to sheet content
- Click the ‘>’ button to show more of the action
- Add content as such: “
<Current Date>”, “
<Measurement>” (using the variable)
- Select the Append to Sheet option
- Add the Open Item action
When you run the shortcut, you’ll be asked to enter the measurement and the Shortcuts will then automatically add a new row to the sheet containing the current date and the measurement you entered. Subsequently Shortcuts will take you to the sheet so you can check whether the measurement is registered correctly. Yay!