Duplicates to Replicates

Hi,

often I wish I could make replicates out of duplicates with one click on a button / in the context menu / or with a keyboard shortcut.

Why?

It happens that I enter the same file twice, the second time to another place, then I realize that there is already the same file in DT, but at another place, therefore the duplicate sign. In these cases, I think the file would be OK at both places, but replicates would be better than duplicates. Therefore, please let me change all duplicates to replicates with one click.

Maria

PS Maybe I have missed that feature, I am returning to work after some weeks of – different – work and feel a bit like a stranger to DT at the moment.

Thanks for the suggestion. It’s already on our (looong) to-do list 8)

Best,

Eric.

Thanks, I shall live with the duplicates for a while (2 weeks, 2 months, not 2 years :smiley: and delete the duplicates then.

Maria

Precisely the feature I was looking for… as a DEVONthink Pro newbie, importing some 2500 rtfd files from the old be-no-more Mori notebook.

However, today is 2012, so 7 years have passed since the start of this thread and its feature request, where it is said to already be on the to-do list.
But I do not see anything in DTP 2.4.1 that seems to accomplish this?

Was there any special problem with implementing this?

Being a newbie - now with DT3 and about 15 years after this thread started - I’m in search of this exact feature. I would strongly appreciate any hints to smart rules or scripts as a workaround for the time being.

Thank you all very much!

Ok, ok, found it:
Data > Convert > Duplicates to Replicants (or similar spelling, because I’m using the German localization).

1 Like

I was just about to tell you about that option :slight_smile:

1 Like