Editable column view presets

2 cents adjusted for pandemic inflation = 4.12546 cents.

I thought there was something suspicious going on!
:wink:

I TOTALLY agree this is a big problem for me also. I manage publishing metadata for around 16’000 references (pdf files for papers, books and patents) moving this data around and automating the download of PMIDs, DOIs, {CiteKey}s and so on is much facilitated if I can follow the progress of the download. A full set of bibliographic data in the custom metadata columns is essential for me BUT when I’m finished I don’t want to spend ages clicking the columns away only to re-click them open next time I need to do maintance.

I use DT3 for data mining and for this I don’t want the bibliographic columns in my face, maybe just author and date. There really should be a way to save column configurations or IN THE SHORT TERM allow the “View:List Columns” dropdown menu to stay in place until it is dismissed OR allow CMD-clicks to set several columns in a single visit.

Question: is there access to this through AppleScript. I see references to the columns in the DT3 Dictionary but it’s not obvious if I can do anything with them.

I hope you can help?

1 Like

While it may be technically possible to script something, it is not a route we would suggest as it would likely be fragile and prone to breaking with future changes.

I would also welcome column view presets and gain a lot of value from them.

As an intermediary step, a “quick win” so to say, it would already be really helpful if the column selection menu stayed open after selecting/deselecting a column. This would reduce the number of required clicks by 50%…

+1 for this and for the other suggestions in this thread. I made the mistake of adding custom fields to my data before realising that there is no way to save the custom column view. Please, add this feature.

+1 saving a chosen set of columns would save quite a lot of clicks. A number of sets would be even better :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just poppin’ in to see, whether there is anything new on this issue. Sadly, no.

Anyway, I’ll add another request – even if this is not the right place – but, please, bring the metadata to DTTG, too.

1 Like