Editing a document in DTTG

I do the vast majority of my work on my Mac and I use my iOS devices mostly to read/review. But sometimes it would be useful to actual edit a document on my iPad. I can’t find any way to do that. THere is no edit button and all I can do is select/copy. Am I missing something?

What sort of document, ie what format/file type?

I’m able to edit notes in DTTG
Type: Formatted Note
Edit is displayed after I turn off the PadLock

1 Like

It is an RTF document. I don’t see a padlock.

That doesn’t appear for me.

As in it isn’t locked or you don’t have a window like that, or the window doesn’t contain a lock symbol?

Sorry for being obscure — I responded while in the middle of something else.

When I click on the ellipsis, this is what I see.

No problem. Tap Info at the bottom of that menu to obtain the view posted by @DTLow; note they were posting from an iPad whilst you are working with an iPhone, which makes for slight differences in the interface.

Actually I am moving back and forth between my iPad and iPhone :grinning:.

Doesn’t appear locked.

Is it an RTF or RTFD File, the latter having attachments and not editable in DEVONthink To Go at this time?

Oh… I guess it is RTFD since my daily journal template includes the cute little calendar :slight_smile:

Nice presentation, but yeah… that would qualify as RTFD.

Could you do me a favor?
In DEVONthink To Go, select Help > Contact Us to start a support ticket. I’d like to discuss that file. Thanks!

sure – can i just send an email? The Help link in DTTG tries to open the Apple Mail app and I don’t use that or have it configured with any of my mail accounts.

Sure. Send it to support ~at~ devontechnologies ~dot~ com.

Done…

1 Like