Editor preview for PHP files

I’m not able to see any preview content for PHP files in the editor. I have to change the file extension to .txt to see the content.

Is there a particular reason for this?

Can you preview PHP files in the Finder? If documents cannot be previewed in DEVONthink, that usually indicates there is no Quick Look plug-in for the file type.

Yes, they preview very well in the Finder.

A screencap could be helpful.

I’m not sure exactly how a ‘screencap’ would be helpful (unless it’s like that sort of screencap) … but…

PHP in DT3:

same as .txt in DT3:

PHP QuickLook in Finder:

DEVONthink 3.0.3 previews php files over here

Your screencap says kind is “BBEdit text document” - I’ve set it to “CodeRunner” over here (or allowed CodeRunner to do so, don’t remember). To test if that’s the difference I changed “open with” to “BBEdit” in the Finder (and restarted DEVONthink), but DEVONthink still does preview php files. Sorry, thought it has something to do with “open with”, but (over here) it makes no difference.

There’s another thing I don’t understand, between the first capture

and the second

I updated CodeRunner.app and kind changed from “PHP Source” to “PHP-Skript”…

DEVONthink receives the type form the operating system. See if the Kind in the Finder has changed as well.

Here is what I’m seeing from a php file…

As you can see it has rendered any HTML it finds. If there is none, the preview is empty.

You’re right, in Finder it’s “PHP-Skript” now too. Thanks!

By the way you should really buy DEVONthink 3, it’s a fantastic app with an outstanding support

Hahaha - nice (and thanks!) :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m actually replicating the trial users’ experience right now since I had a license issued early on. This is a brand new Mac with a clean install so I’m taking this opportunity to test and monitor the trial period. :slight_smile: