El Capitan public beta

How well is DT Personal working with the El Capitan public beta?

No problems so far with DTPO on two computers where I installed El Cap… A new [December 25, 2014] mac mini with 16 Gb Ram and a 1Tb hybrid drive. Also runs fine on my other test computer a 2007 mac book pro 15 inch, with 4 Gb Ram and a 1 Tb hybrid [self installed]. Only one program [Transporter sync desktop] has had any issues and it still runs ok.

My work computer is a MBP 13 inch still on Yosemite. Syncing databases still seems to work ok.

All seemed fine initially, but now DTPO won’t launch. Or, it appears launched, but no load splash screen appears and no databases.

Back to Yosemite for me …

Still good, no problems. Sync is working.

Could you please press the Alt modifier key, choose Help > Bug Report and send us the report? Thanks in advance!

Sorry, Christian, it won’t even let me do that. When I click on “Report Bug”, it opens Mail, but doesn’t open a message with a bug report.

Because DTPO contains all my references, I’m going to have to reinstall Yosemite tonight, so i won’t be able to help you get to the bottom of this mystery.

Weird. Could you please send us the crash logs (see ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports in your home directory) and the Console log (see ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink Pro 2/Console.log) on your own? Thanks.

I have done a few functions so far such as taking rich notes from Safari, replicating items, re-building the Spotlight index, and emptying the trash. No problems.

Christian - I reinstalled Yosemite before I got this message…

A possible explanation is that my Devonthink databases are on a different drive. I gave my 2010 Macbook Pro a new lease of life a couple of years ago by replacing the hard drive with an SSD, and shoved another capacious hard drive in the DVD slot. All my big data files - images, video, Devonthink - live on the hard drive.

This has worked perfectly so far, but maybe the non-standard configuration threw up a bug in El Capitan. And yet, DT worked fine on El Capitan for a while.

Sorry I can’t be of more use. My need to restore order and reliability was urgent. It’s cured me of OS X betas.

Matt

I have attached some crash reports. Maybe it can help to fix some issues with El Capitan…

most crashes occur on opening pdf-files and jpeg-files…
DTPO-Crash-Reports_El-Capitan.zip (231 KB)

That’s an issue introduced by the 4th beta, it’s unfortunately up to Apple to fix this again.