Email import from Mail wonky (incorrect counts)

I’m trying to dump a bunch of old messages into DEVONthink, and I’m getting a count mismatch.

Just to confirm what I thought I was seeing, and to remove any IMAP weirdness from the equation…

• I moved a set of messages to a local folder in Mail called “Test”.
  • Opening Test, Mail shows 1049 messages.
  • I select all the messages in Test (Command-A)
  • I do the Command-Option-Control-M command to import the messages to DEVONthink

DEVONthink then helpfully reports an import of 1047 messages, which is obviously two less than Mail is showing. And when I thought I saw it before, it was a bigger difference on a smaller number of messages.

Any idea what’s going on, and/or how to fix this? I obviously don’t want to lose any data in the import process.

Edit to add: Same result with Command-Option-Control-Shift-M to import the folder.

What is reported in DEVONthink’s Window > Log?

The numbers returned by Apple Mail are unfortunately not always accurate, e.g. especially after trashing & deleting emails since launching Apple Mail.

“Error importing message null from null at null” “Couldn’t write message file. Can’t continue import of message.”

Please choose Help > Report Bug while pressing the Alt modifier key and send the result to cgrunenberg - at - devon-technologies.com - thanks!