enter an URL without creating a link?

Another thing I find quite useful is to save the basic Google Search page (using the bookmarklets, for instance) as HTML or Bookmark.

This page allows all the possible searches of Google (of course) and to search/open directly a URL (no need for the http:// part).

Great. Works, now. Thank you.

I’ve got news for you folks: DEVONthink is a better browser than DEVONagent. In fact, it’s a better browser than most browsers, at least for my purposes, because of its superior bookmark management capabilities – an area of shocking weakness in virtually every other browser. In DT, I can open a window with all of my news sites – and only my news sites – another with all of my blog links, and so on, and flip back and forth between them. I can’t do that in Safari (which doesn’t even have a sidebar!), or Firefox – or DEVONAgent for that matter. Plus I can reorder them, replicate them to multiple locations, colour-code them, etc.
Maybe you don’t want to cannibalize DA, which remains useful as a research tool, but for general browsing DT beats it hands down. You should realize what a gold mine you’re sitting on here, and exploit it – I hardly ever use a stand-alone browser any more – rather than pretend DT isn’t “really” a browser. It is!

Just back to the subject du jour: how would I write a script to open up Ture’s very cool “go to” page (thus allowing me to assign a keyboard shortcut to it), rather than having to hunt it down and click on it every time?

I would like that script a lot. :slight_smile:

Such a script could look like this:

property pSource : "<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC \"-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN\">
<html>
   <head><title>Go to...</title></head>
   <body onload=\"document.f.t.focus()\"><form action=\"javascript:void()\" method=\"post\" name=\"f\" onsubmit=\"window.location.href='http://'+this.t.value\"><table width=\"100%\" height=\"100%\"><tr>
		<td><center><input name=\"t\" size=\"80\" type=\"text\"><i><input name=\"b\" type=\"submit\" value=\"Go to...\"></i></center></td>
	</tr></table></form></body>
</html>"

tell application id "com.devon-technologies.thinkpro2"
	set theRecord to get record at "/Go To.html" in inbox
	if not (exists theRecord) then set theRecord to create record with {name:"Go To.html", type:html, source:pSource} in root of inbox
	open window for record theRecord
end tell

Thanks. :smiley: