Erasing sync stores?

As part of a life-long programme I follow of making regrettable decisions, I did something that turned out to be terrible to my DEVONthink database. Mercifully, I was able to undo it, using a TimeMachine backup.

However, the regrettably-impacted data remains in CloudKit, where it seems to replay the same terrible decision when I enable it. I’m currently running with CloudKit off, peer sync on, which is working for me.

Is there a hidden mechanism by which I can nuke the data in CloudKit and have DEVONthink act as though it had never happened and just start re-creating a new CloudKit store?

On your Mac, in DEVONthink select DEVONthink 3/Preferences/Sync. You will see a list of sync locations, which in your case should include CloudKit. From the context menu of the location select “Clean location…”

Keep a copy of your intact database handy for a while, just in case :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fantastic call, @Blanc - that seems to have done the trick. Thanks!

Now to sit and wait while the database reminds me of how large it is compared to the capacity of a 4g GSM connection

And yes to backups - I manually trigger TimeMachine before I continue on with my regrettable decision programme. It’s something I recommend everyone does, but part of the trick is knowing which decisions will be regrettable

3 Likes

Somebody has to do the dirty work. Thanks Dave :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also covered in the Help > Documentation > Troubleshooting > Sync Issues section. :blush:

1 Like

I’m right there with you pal.

1 Like