error message when trying to upgrade

Hi Everyone,
I’m trying to upgrade from DTPro to DTPro Office. When I drag the new application into my Applications folder, I tell it to replace the old DT with the new and then I get this error message:

The operation can’t be completed because the item “BWToolkitFramework” is in use"

Any ideas what this means or how I can fix it? Now I can’t access any of my data so I’m freaking out! Thanks in advance for your help!
Rachel

(Instead of replacing the app,) I would put DtP to the trash, then restart the Mac. After reboot empty the trash and drag DtPO to the applications folder.

Thanks for your reply. But if I drag DTP to the trash, won’t I lose all of my data? How do I do this shift while also trying to preserve all of my data?

No, you won’t be losing anything with DtP version 2.
Your databases are stored outside the application, you will find them per default - if you haven’t changed the location - in Users/Your Name/Documents/Name of database.dtBase2.
Additional files in the global inbox (which is a database) are stored in /Users/Your Name/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink Pro 2/Inbox.dtBase2.

Perfect! Thanks for your help.