Exactscan Crashes

All,

I just installed the latest version of DT Pro Office, and the latest version of the Samsung drivers for my SCX-4521F multi-function printer.

Now, when I try to scan documents from within DT, I get the error message below. Other than scanning from ImageCapture, which is always the fall-back option, can anyone suggest a way to fix this?

Thanks,
Pat

The application ExactScan Capture quit unexpectedly.

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000008
Crashed Thread: 0

Thread 0 Crashed:
0 com.apple.CoreGraphics 0x943342f7 CGGStateGetCompositeOperation + 9
1 libRIP.A.dylib 0x9515e7a0 ripc_Render + 219
2 libRIP.A.dylib 0x95167c71 ripc_DrawRects + 689
3 com.apple.CoreGraphics 0x9433157e CGContextFillRects + 162
4 com.apple.CoreGraphics 0x9438626e CGContextFillRect + 32

There’s a glitch in the certificate for the ExactScan Capture application. So it’s presenting a standard OS X 10.5.2 message to you that this application was downloaded from the Internet, and asking whether you want to use it. Unfortunately, that message is hidden so you can’t respond to it.

The fix is to Force Quit ExactScan Capture. After that, it will work properly.

There’s another glitch in the OCR procedure after that. For the time being, in DT Pro Office turn off the Preferences > OCR option to set attributes. (I always have that turned off because I usually do a lot of scans and don’t want to be bothered by requests to enter attributes, during which the OCR queue stops until I respond.

Watch the Blog at devon-technologies.com/scripts/wordpress/

Bill,

Thanks for the tip, but that doesn’t fix my issue. :frowning:

Interestingly, I get the Exactscan “Problem Report” dialog, followed by a “Scanner Configuration”, “No scanner has been configured” dialog. Neither the “Abort” nor “Detect” buttons are clickable. Nor can I close the “Problem Report” dialog, unless I click the “Report” button. Once I click the Report button, it shows me a “detecting scanners” dialog again, and then crashes again.

I was really looking forward to having all the scanning stuff working again. Guess I’ll go back to using ImageCapture.

A little more info.

I was able to make Exactscan run (once) by deleting DT from my applications folder, redownloading, and reinstalling. It crashed the first time, ran the second time (but locked up at the end of the scan), and has crashed again ever since.

ImageCapture works fine, with or without Twain mode.

Can you send the crash report from ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/ to support@devon-technologies.com? We’ll forward it to the ExactScan Capture developers.