Exclude files from OCR

I have a number of password protected pdfs. Once DNT tries to OCR them there is an error message. How can I mark these docs such that they are excluded from the OCR automation smart rule? Thx

Just add the condition Encryption is Off to the smart rule.

Yup, thx. Great feature.

There seems to be a difference between “password protected” and “encryption”. I’m still getting error messages.

How does the smart rule look like?

It’s this one:

Are any documents which shouldn’t be processed displayed after selecting this smart rule in the sidebar? Could you send a copy of such a document to cgrunenberg - at - devon-technologies.com? Thanks.

I don’t understand "Are any documents … in the sidebar. What does that mean, “in the sidebar”? Sorry for a newbie question.

The sidebar is the pane on the left side of main windows where your databases & smart groups/rules are listed:

Still not sure what you mean. The smart rule I posted is in the side bar. The documents that lead to the error message appear way down in the side bar, with a comment such as “… loading …” and an “X” to the right which removes them from the sidebar.

Coud you please post a screenshot after selecting the “OCR automation pdf” smart rule in the sidebar? Thanks.

screenshot.pdf (26.6 KB)

Thank you for the screenshot! However, the “OCR automation pdf” isn’t selected and a screenshot of the full window would be useful.

can I mail this privately?

Sure. Just send the email to cgrunenberg - at - devon-technologies.com.

just did