exclude files

is there a way to exclude files within synced folder with dttg? i have video files in client folders which eat up gb of space on my ipad; be great if i could hide them from the syncing.

thanks
mike

There is no way to exclude files in the Sync group from syncing as the Sync Group should only contain the files that you want to sync.

If you have groups that contain a mix of documents that you want to sync and video files that you do not want to sync, you can create groups in the Sync group and replicate the sync documents into those groups. Another option is to create top level client groups with sub-groups, and replicate only the document sub-groups to the Sync group.

Client A Top Group

• Client A Documents to replicate and sync group
  • Client A video files to not sync

Thanks. I know this is just a matter of wrapping my head around the concept, but when I create a “video” subfolder withing “g” client; the folder shows up in the sync version as well. Deleting the video files from either spot deletes it from both.

Thanks
Mike

Mike, I expect that what you have now is something similar to what I posted earlier:

Client A Top Group

• Client A Documents to replicate and sync group
  • Client A video files to not sync

where ‘Client A Top Group’ is what you have replicated to the sync group. If that is the case, anything that you put inside this group in the database, such as the group ‘Client A video files’, will indeed appear in the sync group as it is part of ‘Client A Top Group’. What you want to do is remove the ‘Client A Top Group’ replicant from the sync group and only add a replicant ‘Client A Documents’ group to the sync group. Then nothing in the video files group should appear in the sync group.

It is simpler than it sounds-as you say just a matter of wrapping your head around the concept.