Exclude folder + subfolders from Classify?

When excluding a folder from Classify I can’t select the subfolders and exclude them all at once. Is there a way to do that?

I can’t select the subfolders and exclude them all at once. Is there a way to do that?

I’m not seeing an issue with selecting a parent group then its individual subgroups and applying an exclusion.

It works one by one, but I’ve got ~100 sub-folders so I was looking if there’s a way to select all folders at once and change the “Exclude from… Classify” setting

Ah wait - it doesn’t work if I select multiple-folders in the sidebar, but it works if I select multiple folders in the ‘file / browser view’ - good to understand there’s apparently a difference between the two.

1 Like

good to understand there’s apparently a difference between the two.

Yes there is.

The Navigation sidebar is well… for navigating :slight_smile:
The item list is for interacting with the items in the databases.
So some behaviors are indeed different.

Thanks for clarifying :slight_smile:

You’re welcome!

@BLUEFROG - I have a related question to this topic. Is there a way automatically exclude from classifying a top-level folder and all folders within it without using the manual process described here?

I organize all my inbox content by date using the Filter Web Clippings Smart Group and which creates new groups for year, month, day).

I have all my clipped content set up this way under a master Group (“Daily Notes”). I would everything under Daily Notes excluded from classification;

I want to use Classification to create a replicant in topic groups I have outside this Daily Notes folder. My goal is to have two structures for organizing – 1) Journal / by date added 2) Content / using DT AI

What do you suggest?

Just at a glance, you could navigate into the top-level parent group and do a toolbar search for kind:group scope:selection. Then select the results and apply the exclusion.