Existing document not found when search for in DTTG

I have a database which is synced between DT3 and DTTG and the databae conatins a PDF document (directly in the database, no indexing complicates here the matter) which in DT3 is found by the search:

Income Replacement Benefits PIWI (Just four words, no quotes.)

The document contains a line like this:

In DTTG however the same search returns zero results (after pressing “Search” on the keyboard and making sure the All database tab is selected).

Because of DT3 I know the path of the PDF, so in DTTG I manually go to the path and – voilà – the document exits in DTTG as it does in DT3.

But why is it not found in the search??? What can I do to make DTTG find the PDF document?

Thanks for pointers!

Did you already try to rebuild the index, see chapter PERFORMING SERVICE TASKS of help?

Is the text selectable in the PDF in DEVONthink To Go?

Interesting question!.. I just checked: Yes, the text is selectable:

Just did that too: The Reindxing HUD showed up briefly (for less than a second). I let it sit for a while and then checked, but the PDF still cannot be found in DTTG by searching for it.

What’s the word count of the document on the Mac? Maybe the document doesn’t have a text layer and it’s just the result of live text.

Word count in DT3 is 1133:

Screen Shot 2023-06-09 at 6.33.15 pm

Asking same question another way, in DEVONthink, what is the “kind” property? Should be PDF+Text to be searchable. “Text” is the so-called text layer that the search algorithm uses. It’s put into the PDF by the OCR (Optical Character Recognition) that you can do with DEVONthink.

Just because you see text in a PDF, that doesn’t mean the text layer contains the same content. Use Data > Convert > To Plain Text in DEVONthink or long-press the document in DEVONthink To Go and choose Convert > Plain Text, then inspect that document.

PS:

Kind is in both apps, DT3 and DTTG “PDF+Text”.

Would it, if the content is not too confidential, to provide us with the document? Either per private message to me or by email to support@devontechnologies.com? Maybe we then see here what you see.

Thanks. I’ll get back to you soon.