Export a "clean" PDF?

add an integral python interpreter

Why not ruby? Or Haskell? Swift? :thinking::stuck_out_tongue:

PS: do shell script can accommodate python commands in AppleScript.

Thanks for beta2! This will considerably simplify my workflow! Looking forward to working with this new function.

have a nice day!

Iā€™ve played around a bit with this new function ā€œConvert to PDF without Annotationsā€.
It deletes all annotations, it also removes Spotlight Comments, but the Tags remain.

For my use case, Iā€™m interested in ā€œcleanā€ pdfs, that I can share with people who I donā€™t want to see my notes (be it annotations, Spotlight comments or Tags).

Is there a simple way to remove all tags from a bunch of documents?

Or would you alternatively consider adding that to the ā€œConvert to PDF without Annotationsā€ functionality? Alternatively, a command ā€œTags->Remove Tagsā€ in the context menu would be sufficient for me.

many thanks!

No. But a simple script (or a smart rule with a script) could perform this.

This is a simple approachā€¦

tell application id "DNtp"
	repeat with thisRecord in (selection as list)
		set tags of thisRecord to {}
		set comment of thisRecord to ""
	end repeat
end tell

Bear in mind, in this simple bit of code this will affect any file you have selected. Error-trapping would require modificiations, though this script could also be used generally in its current state.

3 Likes

If Iā€™d like to combine this functionality directly with emailing (or perhaps even sharing via Slack), is there a way to create a rule where PDFs get cleaned, stored in a temporary location just long enough to be shared, and pasted into an email (or Slack) - without also sitting as a second copy in my database?

In other words, a simple ā€œshare clean PDFā€ that doesnā€™t require that I delete newly generated PDF files afterward?

1 Like

You will always have to have some cleanup involved, whether in the rule or manually.