Export to RTF - sort order issue

I have a folder (thesis) containing several sub folders (chapters), each of which contains one or more rich text documents. Every folder is sorted by comment, and in the comments field for each chapter folder I have 100, 200, 300, etc. In the comment section of each rich text document, I have 100, 200, 300 etc.

When I select the top level folder (thesis) and select “File > Export > as rich text”, I get one single RTF file containing everything. Wonderful.

However, the chapters are not in the right order. The first 5 chapters or so are in the right order, then it goes random (as far as I can tell). Is there anything I can tweak to fix this?

Thanks,
Euan.

[edit: selecting individual folders (ie the chapter level folders) and exporting works. I’ll do that.]

Sorry but I’ve tried this again, and it is clear that sorting is not properly respected when exporting to rtf. Rich Text documents in groups sorted by comment are not ordered correctly when exporting. This is a problem for me - is there any way around this, or can you confirm that this is something that will be addressed in the near future?

Thanks,

Euan.

Exporting uses only the order of the selection but the physical order of contents stored in subgroups. To fix this, you could use either View > Sorting > Unsorted and change the physical order. Or expand all groups, select the contents of the groups and then export the selection as one RTF document.

Thanks, Bill already emailed me the merge solution - this works at the moment. I didn’t think of the physical sort though - that sounds like a good solution.

Thanks again,

Euan.