Export workflow

I have a folder (Group) that I want stored in DTPO, not stored in the Finder and then indexed.

I want to export that folder and it’s content to a Finder folder. When I add a file in DTPO and re-export (File>Export>Files and Folders), it duplicates the main folder in the Finder.

ExportFolder
-File1.pdf
-File2.pdf

ExportFolder-1
-File1.pdf
-File2.pdf
-File3.pdf

Is there a workflow that will let me update such that it looks like this in the Finder? Sort of along the lines of prompting if I want replace my ExportFolder and it’s contents?

ExportFolder
-File1.pdf
-File2.pdf
-File3.pdf

After adding a new item to an indexed group, just use the “Move to external folder” contextual/action menu item.

The folder (Group) in DTPO db is not an Indexed folder (one where items reside in Finder and are aliased in DTPO), it’s just a standard group.

When I right click on “Export Folder” (my Group) in DTPO, I don’t see an option to Move to External Folder when I right click on it.

This command is only available for indexed folders/groups (or stuff inside indexed groups), therefore the workflow would be…

• to index the (exported) folder
  • to add new stuff to the indexed group
  • to use “Move to external folder” afterwards

That way you don’t have to keep copies and could easily update the external folder. Otherwise you’d have to delete the already exported folder and export again via File > Export > Files & Folders…