Failed exports to external drive

I am exporting files and folder to an external drive. In one notebook I’m getting a massive amount of “fails”. They are pdfs and such. Any thoughts for how to problem solve this issue?

Did you verify the database (see File menu)? Is there enough disk space on the destination volume?

I did verify the database and it still failed. There is 4 TB left on the external so plenty of room. Perhaps it is the format? I have the external drive formatted to exFat. I’m a Mac newbie; could that is this issue?

I would have thought that was reasonably unlikely (size limit of a file stored on exFAT is the same as the partition limit: 128 pebibytes, maximum number of files in the same directory 2,796,202 (source)).

How is the external drive connected? If not already, try connecting directly to the Mac, rather than via a hub. How exactly are you exporting, and what is the exact error message? Is the error message provided by DT or by the OS?

1 Like

It’s indeed possible that some filenames are fine on the Mac but not for this filesystem. Please choose Help > Report Bug while pressing the Alt modifier key and send the result to cgrunenberg - at - devon-technologies.com - thanks!

Thanks, I hadn’t thought of that.

I connected a HSF formatted drive directly to the computer (not through a docking station), and it worked fine. Thanks for your help!