Favorites added to desktop app don't show up in iOS app

When I add something to the “Favorites” part of DEVONthink 3, it doesn’t seem to end up in the “Favorites” group in DEVONthink To Go on my iPad. Am I doing something wrong, or is it the case that these are deliberately not synchronized?

They are independent. Which they should be(I wouldn’t want a fav sync to my DTTG)

Hopefully in version 2 of DTTG they would have both options sync or have it independent.

So users like you and me are happy.

1 Like

No, Favorites currently do not sync between DEVONthink and DEVONthink To Go.

1 Like

Do Favorites sync between DT3 Desktop computers?

Does the Reading List sync?

No, not at this time they don’t.

Would it be possible to Sync the Reading List and Favorites via Smart Rules by creating tags for these?

I see “Add to Reading List” as an Action for Smart Rules, but I do not see Remove from Reading List, Add to Favorites, or Remove from Favorites. Would those be necessary to create such a sync workaround?

No, because smart rules don’t sync between machines either at this time. See:

But I could put the same smart rule on each of my computers

The question is - can Add/Remove to Favorites or Add/Remove to Reading List trigger a smart rule?

And is it possible for Add/Remove to Favorites and Add/Remove to Reading List be actions for a smart rule?

But I could put the same smart rule on each of my computers

Manually, sure. In fact, you can export smart rules and copy them to other computers.
Double-clicking them or dragging them into the Navigate sidebar will import them.

The question is - can Add/Remove to Favorites or Add/Remove to Reading List trigger a smart rule?

No, there is no event tirgger for these options.

And is it possible for Add/Remove to Favorites and Add/Remove to Reading List be actions for a smart rule?

@cgrunenberg would have to assess that.