"Favourite" equivalent in DTTG

I’m wondering if anyone has come up with a strategy for forefronting groups or documents in DTTG in a similar way that “Favourites” works in the DEVONthink sidebar?

I usually have a few groups at any given time that I want/need relatively easy/frequent access to. This list of groups changes over time. It’d be nice if I could have these show up on the home view of DTTG, along with the “Recently Modified/Edited/Unread/Labelled/etc.”

Perhaps there’s a feature that already exists that allows for this? Perhaps one of you have come up with a great workaround?

One option I see would be to use a special tag or label, but there are two downsides:
Tag:
If you make “Tags” appear on the home screen of DTTG, Tags no longer appears in the root of your databases.

Labels:
When you enter the Labels view from the home screen, you get a list of everything that is labelled, you cannot view only a specific label

So both of those are less than ideal but maybe my fellow users have some other ideas?

You could create a Table of Contents on the Mac and put it in your Global Inbox (or wherever).

Interesting. I hadn’t thought of that. Time to play around.

(Another idea I had was to use Workflow.app on iOS to make a workflow saved to my iOS home screen to a group I need this kind of access to).

I couls swear Gabe at Macdrifter blogged about doing this. I’ll have to see if I can find a link.

Here it is: Quick Access to DEVONthink with Workflow for iOS

This wouldn’t surprise me in the least… I’ll noodle around with Workflow and also pop over to Gabe’s site for some inspiration.

And BLUEFROG’s memory is proved correct (and his post-editing swifter than mine, as he beat me to it!), here’s Gabe’s writeup on this:
http://www.macdrifter.com/2017/02/quick-access-to-devonthink-with-workflow-for-ios.html

Cheers,
Scott

BTW, Apple announced yesterday that they are buying Workflow. Hope they integrate it more into iOS.

From AppleInsider:

Apple on Wednesday finalized a deal to acquire popular automation app Workflow and its three-member development team for an undisclosed sum, and is for now leaving the title on the App Store where it will be free to download.

Yeah. Not sure if it’s a good sign or not. I remain hopeful but a bit guarded until time shows the dirction.

Yeah I caught wind of this news too. Hard to know what’s going to happen in the long term. IF we can have the same functionality, enhanced with first-party and private API privileges, the already-immense possibilities Workflow offers would be further enhanced.

On the other hand, we might see Workflow pulled from the app store this year and a few new share sheet extensions…

Fingers crossed for good outcomes!