Markdown files seem to have picked up the Ulysses file type icon. How can I change it to the correct “md” icon?
Have you associated md files with Ulysses (i.e., do they open with Ulysses by default)?
No but “Open with” opens by Default with Ulysses
In Finder, highlight a markdown file and select “Get Info” from the context menu (if you don’t have any md files handy, you can select one in DEVONthink and first select “Show in Finder” from the context menu.
In the “Open with” section of the window which opens after you select “Get Info” in the Finder, presumably Ulysses is shown?
Thanks. I’ve managed to set the “Open with” to use the Marked app by default and in Finder the icons have the expected “md” icon but the Ulysses icon is still showing against the file in DT3.
A couple of things I would try:
- Open an md file from within DT using “Open with” and selecting what is now presumably your default app “Marked”
- If Marked isn’t the default app, or if opening the md with the default app doesn’t help, restart DT
- If that doesn’t help, restart the Mac
- If that doesn’t help, do step 1 again
- If that doesn’t help, go on holiday, have coffee, cry, shout, come back here.
I’ll try what you suggest.
The weird thing is that in Finder, some .md files have a Ulysses icon and some the md icon. I don’t think it’s anything to do with DT3 (bless its little cotton socks). It’s probably Finder, Ulysses or macOS.
It’s not critical - just annoying - a holiday might help (if I was allowed to go where I want!)
Thanks for your help though.