File list synchronized to a file in tabs

Hi, I have used DT3 to make files linked to Obsidian, and it works very well. But what I am in trouble is that when I open several files in tab and select one file, the file list viewer does not automatically follow the file I selected. For example, assuming two files (test1.pdf and test2.pdf) in different file path are on the tab, I was reading test1.pdf by searching it from the database. Then when I switched to read test2.pdf, the file path was not changed and it makes me hard to fully utilize DT3. To summarize, this is the way how Finder works. Thank you for the advice in advance, and sorry for the poor English.

Wlecome @Yun

What file path are you referring to?

Thank you for replying. In my DT3 window, there is a sidebar on the left, list of files at center and preview on the right. What I mean is that, when I switched the file on the tab, the list of files at the center is not changed. I want the list to be changed according to the file I am currently looking at in preview. I feel cumbersome because I always need to click and click several folders to open different files in different path.

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

When you switch to a file in a different tab, make sure you click in the view/edit pane so the item list doesn’t have focus, then you can select Data > Reveal or press Command-R to reveal the file in its current location.

It works! Thank you very much for the information. Now I can switch between the files in a different tab easily.

My pleasure. :slight_smile:

Thank you for this answer. This helps me as well, and is definitely one of those random things I was having trouble figuring out, and was super frustrated by.

I also started a new post to ask and a suggestion to look at this post popped up, and here was your answer to my question. Amazing!

Glad it helped :slight_smile: