File version / Version History

I have experienced the same problem and it persists long after changing Preferences to use the latest document.

In some situations when I am editing an RTF file it creates a Copy of the document.

I have not yet pinned down the exact situation where it is reproducible, but it happens often enough to be significant.

In some situations when I am editing an RTF file it creates a Copy of the document.

And that sounds like a sync conflict. What are the other Macs/devices set to? They each have independent settings.

Oops - should have thought of that. Yes there are 2 other actively syncing computers and 2 other user accounts so I need to set those all as well - thank you.

No problem

Thanks for your swift reply! And yes, I am and I do.

I don’t understand yet why that would happen, though. There should not be a conflict between two initially identical files where just one of them has been modified, right? The modified one should take priority over the unmodified one. Why is it that the conflict resolution is kicking in at all?

@BLUEFROG before I get my Sunday started with another big round of markdown edits, could I maybe ask again for clarification (see my last post)? It would be of great help for me to understand this issue and thus being able to choose the right setting for me.