Files not Syncing in DevonThink on new Mac

I am in the process of transitioning to the new Mac. I’m having some trouble syncing my files. It seems the DevonThink is connecting with Dropbox; however, the files are not syncing. Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this? I have linked a screenshot below. Thank you.

No synching as there is nothing (but Inbox) set to sync. You need to make the “remote” databases to “local”. DEVONthink only works with “local” copies. Double click on those out on the Dropbox server to bring them onto your local machine into the folder you want. I use ~/DEVONthink/

2 Likes

Thank you for the reply and instructions. I am happy to report I successfully re-establish the databases on my Mac Studio.

I did, however, run into another hopefully small problem. Now when signing into my DEVNthink iOS app, I get the following pop message: Verified and repaired. Please see log for details.

The log says, “Failed database verification, please repair the database.”

Do I need to repair this database on the macOS app? This database had indexed files; I wonder if it is causing the problem.

Thank you again for your time and support.

The message says “please repair database”. I would therefore take that advice and repair the database that is on the device reporting the need to repair.

I guess I would also verify and repair as necessary the copies of the database that may reside on other device(s)–but those other copies may not be in need of repair. Doesn’t hurt to verify and then take advice from the messages. Could also be that the location (Dropbox) holding the sync files–which are not copies of the database but special files for syncing–may also need to be verified. Again, can’t hurt.

See the “Troubleshooting” chapter in the outstanding “DEVONthink Handbook” for better troubleshooting advice than what I say!

the same applies to iCloud sync?

Same what? What did you try that failed with what message?

the same sync problem, the same sync problem resolution technique

What happened when you tried?

1 Like

invalid encryption key,
of course it is not true…

Are you positive?
Hold the Option key and choose Help > Report bug to start a support ticket.

already done

Thanks for the reply. I followed your suggestions. There is definitely a disconnect b/w the DT macOS and iOS app. I still have not resolved the issue occurring in one database. The database has not synced on the iOS app since 05/24/2022. Here are the error messages I am currently receiving.

https://share.cleanshot.com/K2AijJ
https://share.cleanshot.com/PNPXgN
https://share.cleanshot.com/PcW8OQ

Any additional suggestions would be gratefully appreciated. Thank you.

1 Like

Those are just names of three files. What is the error message in the Log? Did you follow the instructions in the DEVONthink Handbook? What happened when you verified? What happened when you cleaned? Etc.

Actually, the OP links to images of the log messages (maybe because they’re not allowed to post images here or do not know how to do that?). And the log says “Repair databases”.
Apparently, that’s what they did (see last link) and the repair failed.
However, all these screenshots seem to be from DTTG, not DT. Which does not really match the title of the thread.

It would be better, I think, to open a new thread in the DTTG sub-forum and ask the question(s) there instead of hijacking another thread and trying to solve a problem that’s not related to this thread’s topic.

1 Like

hope next step after new thread is crack open the troubleshooting section in the DEVONthink Handbook.

1 Like