Finder side DevonThink3's Inbox

When ever I move an item to the Finder side Inbox of DevonThink3 the item is duplicated in DevonThink3.

What am doing wrong?

You are not doing anything wrong, the Inbox in finder is an alias for DT3’s inbox. It is the same document, not a duplicate.

Correct.

Only problem two identical items move. as I said it gets duplicated in DT3.

This setting has nothing to do with the Inbox alias in the Finder’s sidebar.

Correct, I just throw in case you would asked lol

I might have dome something with the Inbox to make it behave this way.

Ah have this script attached to the Finder’s inbox. It used to work fine with the betas. If I moved a file to DevonThink then it just moved just one instance.

Now I get two instance, one in the Global inbox and the other in the destination I choose. So two instance.

I wonder what happened.
Thanks

on adding folder items to this_folder after receiving added_items
	try
		if (count of added_items) is greater than 0 then
			tell application id "DNtp" to launch
			tell application id "DNtp"
				set theGroup to display group selector "Select the destination group"
				repeat with theItem in added_items
					try
						set thePath to theItem as text
						if thePath does not end with ".download:" then
							import thePath to theGroup
						end if
					end try
				end repeat
			end tell
		end if
	end try
end adding folder items to

To which folder is this action attached? Drag & Drop onto the Dock/Finder icon of DEVONthink should be also a good alternative if the option Preferences > Import > Destination > Select Group is enabled.

I think it stopped working when the “unify inbox” was added.
I dont have the “unify inbox” enabled.

But this is where the script is.

This is just an option of the interface, it doesn’t affect folder actions.

If I uncheck the enable folder action then it goes straight to global inbox, like it should.

With the Enabled Folder Actions.
Before I used choose a destination and there wasn’t a second identical item on the Global inbox.

And which folder uses this action?

huh!

The Finder’s Inbox

Inbox>Services>Folder Action set up…

Are you talking about putting a folder action on DEVONthink’s Inbox folder? If so, you shouldn’t. DEVONthink already initiates actions on that folder in the filesystem.

Setup a smart rule in DEVONthink 3 instead.

It was working fine before even with the betas. Drag and drop in the Inbox and then asked me where to put it, simple.

If you want to use the group selector, why are you dragging to the Finder’s sidebar alias of the Global Inbox instead of the dock icon with DEVONthink’s Preferences > Import > Destination set to Select group?

Because I use the download folder and Finder’s / DevonThink Inbox is 2 inches away.

And you have a folder action attached to it?
If so, you shouldn’t.

But it was working fine before, idk what happened. It was after the official release.

You shouldn’t add folder actions to the Inbox folder. It is - and always has been, even in DEVONthink 2.x - a special folder monitored by DEVONthink itself.

So why do we have so many scripts readily available within Inbox>Services>Folder Action set up, to add to DevonThink then