First real issue with DTP

One of the databases on my MacPro is missing files. The size of the db is only 34m as opposed to 350m on my MacBookPro. Perhaps this was user error? I was syncing peer to peer with Bonjour across my office network. When I bought DT2G I decided that I should sync to a master and setup a sync to Dropbox. Everything seemed to be working fine, sync msg’s showed no errors that I saw. (Of course I could have missed them…)

Three questions: How could this have happened? Can I just copy the MBP db to the MP? And what do I do to make sure this does not happen again?

Thanks in advance.

Where are you looking to determine size?

Have you looked in the databases and seen what’s missing?

Sure

Depends on what happened? You might want to open a ticket with Support (here or here or support_at_devontechnologies_dot_com), where you can get faster personalized attention than the forum. Please save relevant console messages, and DEVONthink crash logs, and forward them to Support.

Thanks Korm let me answer your questions. Was traveling on business so I just saw your response.

Size is what shows in Finder.
There are may files missing in the smaller db.
Let me clear, I am only using Dropbox to sync. I recognize the issues involved in keeping the db there.

I will copy over the larger db and use that on the MacPro. If that resolves the issue, I am going to assume user error either because the of open db’s or something else. Will save the links you suggested and use the forums more effectively in the future.

Thank you for your response.

Instead of copying databases or stuffing them inside Dropbox – why not use DEVONthink Sync?