Font for formatted notes by Clip to Devonthink

When I clip a web page to Devonthink (in Firefox) with the options formatted note and clutter free layout, the generated note in DT looks fine but has Helvetica Light or Thin as font, not the font of my Editing preferences. I have to edit each imported note to make it readable for me.

DTPO Manual says:

Is there a way for me to fix this?

Not outside of opening it in an editor and modifying the style. The style actually specifies font-family: arial, sans-serif;.

In my DT it is definitely not Arial but Helvetica Light (Arial and Helvetica are similar, but detectible by difference of G and some other letters).

Where can I find the style?

How can I explain the contradiction of this occurrence with the manual to my children?

Again: Since you know how the style is specified, please do not hold back your knowledge an tell me where I can find the CSS file or what it is because I like to change it. I looked around in the library and even in the DTPO app bundle but did not find it.

I find it quite annoying that I have to change every clipped web page.

It is not in a CSS file. It is internal styling, which can be seen in a text editor like BBEdit or a free one like Adobe Brackets. This is what you’d see…

<style type="text/css">body, table { background-color: #FFF; color:#333; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-weight: 100; font-size: 12pt; margin:2em 2em 2em 2em; }

The clutter-free option currently does not provide for custom styling.

It’s 2020 now. Has this been changed?

When I clip using Formatted Note and clutter-free, I also get this rather ugly (in my opinion) font. Would be nice to be able to set it so that a different font and size are used each time clip using this format.

No, this has not changed.

Thanks! I also noticed when I clip using Formatted Note (and I think clutter-free), a lot of the social media icons and sometimes pictures get comically large. Is there a setting I’m missing or is this the way it is?

(And honestly, I don’t need the social media icons. I often do clean up post clipping to remove all the ugly stuff.)

There are no settings for the clutter-free option. And those are likely treated like any other image in the source, so the styling is likely applied globally.

What’s the URL of these clipped webpages?

Here are some examples:

This page when clipped using formatted note, will result in some rather large mastheads:

Clip using formatted note results in some very large icons towards the middle and bottom:

Classic example of extra huge social media icons. Clip using formatted note:

Hope that’s enough samples?

[edit: how lovely that the forum instead of displaying the links displays a preview. Hmm…I guess you can figure out what the URL is?]

I just clipped all of them as clutter-free formatted notes but everything seems to look as expected, no social media icons. When did you clip these pages?

I didn’t test these out using clutter-free. I think all were just formatted note.

At least according to a former post they’re clutter-free (and these 3 cases I would definitely recommend the clutter-free option).

I didn’t see any issues with these URLs either.