Formatted note Can we view the source code?

I like retaining the appearance of a website, and then later to add my own “red color” font notes within the text. This works by exporting to devonthink as a formatted note, BUT i then have to right click the imported file, then 'convert to formatted note" within DevonThink. This works perfectly. I delete the first note.

The appearance is great.

How can I view the source for these notes?

The source can’t be viewed/edited, this is actually intentional. You might want to use HTML pages instead which support this.

I share/open the note with my text editor app (Textastic)
I can view/edit the source code
Works in both DT and DTTG

I have just done the same. Is there a side by side view? The code one one side and the output on the other?

This works by exporting to devonthink as a formatted note, BUT i then have to right click the imported file, then 'convert to formatted note" within DevonThink.

? :thinking:

I know, my message appears incorrect.

Sometimes, when I am in safari, and click the share icon and then “add to Devonthink 3” and have the option formatted note, with the toggle off for clutter free - the imported note is a bookmark or a webarchive.

That is why I redo the conversion within devonthink as I described

Well, DEVONthink has such a view (see View > Document Display) for HTML pages & Markdown.

Formatted Notes can already be highlighted without the need to modify the underlying markup…

Thank you for the reply. I want to type my comments in red font, within the body of the note. At the same time, retain the appearance of the source I downloaded from. I know about the keyboard maestro method to change the style to “red” and am using that as well.