getting rid of the stripes in title bar?

ok, so great, I paid for something that I could have used for free, lol and it will quit working soon anyways.

I need the unlock in a week at the latest otherwise I am f@@@ed, I love you all.

any news? running really out of time now.

It´s btw a shame how you are making fun of your paying customers:

i-Not implementing what you promised (basically features competing software already has like use of tags - hope you will not break by then the concordance feature with words and frequency numbers that can be copied from the table!)

ii- implementing nonsense features like access with iPhone when sitting next to the mac and

iii-releasing yet a another FREE beta instead of

enable PAYING customers to USE your app
a shame

Am I the only one who hasn’t “plonked” this thread by now? I keep hearing this little mosquito buzzing around my ears zzzzzz zzzzzz zzzzz!

Back to using DTPO productively instead of reading this gloomy ongoing narrative. :smiling_imp:

This troll is insatiable. :unamused:

perhaps, it was, when a small child, hit upon the head by a hefty piece of beta software and never got over its hatred for same…

I think the complaint is legitimate.
I also just purchased DTP and am a little put off by this beta thing.
Not everybody has a clear idea what “beta” means.
The beta version is the one that Devon advertises on their “Products” page, so it is the one that people usually download.
I do not regret the purchase and have become a heavy user of DTP, but I definetely look forward to the next release when all these little glitches are hopefully addressed.

Best,

r.

And when might that be?

See the comment earlier in the thread:

“We will provide a new beta before this expiration period is over and we will make changes to the process so that you should not run into the expiration date too quickly again.”

so WHEN? Anything else to offer here than bullying someone who payed for this product, has accumulated several 1000 entries and needs to use it? No?

Well, I figure within the next 19 days. The exact date probably depends on them finishing some features and bug fixes. But let me introduce you to this thing called the calendar.

WHAT, besides the looming thread of a license timing out, is the issue here?

Well put, my friend, well put.

Unfortunately “plonking” someone doesn’t hide their whines when quoted by someone else. Best to sit back, take a deep breath, then go click the User Control Panel above, select the right-most tab, and then complete the “plonk” process by selecting the appropriate tab and typing in whoever doesn’t float your boat. :unamused:

Maybe you have something else to offer other than to continue publicly bullying DEVONthink for information and answers beyond what they’re already providing?

Learn something new every day! done

Phew – I am getting nervous.

I am in the middle of a book and have a deadline coming up (November 1st).
I rely heavily on DevonThinkPro for my work.

Is there any news about this expiration date thing?
Today is the 27th…
Just a few days left before my current version supposedly kicks the bucket.

Please folks – don’t let us down.

r.

We’ve always released a new beta before the deadline and we will definitely release one this week.

Can’t wait! A new version to play with will make a rainy week go by faster. Each update makes DT Pro better and better, I appreciate the work the team does and the consideration they give us complai, um, users.

As for the stripes, I will miss them when they’re gone.

LOL! Me too! They’re like a pair of old slippers that fit just right.

I’ve always hoped for a pair of flashing lights like those on woot.com when they have a “wootoff” day.

Thank you!

r.

I know it’s late to comment this thread, but like the OP I’m a little bit concerned about one beta after the other and their restricted use.

I’m glad from time to time to live at a place where I have no Internet access. When looking for Internet access at that end of the world it’s rather difficult and I’m glad to be able to check my Emails. I would for sure not update any software I’m using, even with bugs and features I don’t like. The risk not being able to work at all is too big.

Unfortunately I have not been there for two years, but will go in September, staying 1 month, maybe 3 months, who knows, all depends how effective I will be with my work there. Using DevonThink and after a specific date not being able to use it any more is not very funny. I’m even thinking of returning to DT 1.5.4, exporting all the newly created databases and creating new ones with the old version. Not at all funny too.

The DT 2 betas until now have been running approximately 2 months. I really hope, that the new beta coming today or tomorrow will include the option to run much longer than these two months or to make an option to use this beta as long as you want to, if you paid for the new version.

The new beta will run til the end of the year.