Global inbox in views

Should the global inbox display its inbox in any of the views? Mine doesn’t. I attach screenshot.

Also why is the group folder ‘time Line’ in yellow. In my other database, the group folder is blue?

The Global Inbox is the Inbox. There isn’t another one inside it.

The group is yellow because Exclude Groups from Tagging in File > Database Properties > … is unchecked.

Thanks.

I may comment on the inbox question, but first need to check something.

I thought as much. I have two IMacs both with Sierra and DTOP on both. To differentiate, let’s assume ‘up’ and ‘down’.

Per the op, the screenshot from ‘up’ differs from the attached screenshots from ‘down’ where as you can see there for the global inbox its own inbox in the view. What I’m wanting to have is for the up global inbox to also have its own inbox in view.

I thought as much. I have two IMac, both Sierra and DTOP. For these purposes, let’s call them (1) and (2).

Per the op, the screenshot from (1) differs from the attached screenshots from (2) where as you see the global inbox has its own inbox in view. What I’m wanting is for (1)'s global inbox to also have its own inbox in view.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Apologies for the 2 posts, connection issue. Answering the second would be preferred, please.

The inbox appearing inside the inbox is not normal behavior. Perhaps you imported the inbox into itself. Whatever – the view shown above is messed up and not sensical. Normally, Everything in the global inbox is at its root, including its subgroups. The global inbox behaves differently than other databases and has no inbox itself because it is an inbox. Looks like your database is broken.

I wonder if it is possible that you at one time created a group in the Global Inbox, named it ‘Inbox’, and then pasted the Inbox icon from another database on to this group? You could confirm if it is a normal group by showing the info for the group and see if you can cut/delete the icon for the group. If you can, then I expect it is a normal group.

If that is not the case, then what korm said is on the money-it’s not normal to have an Inbox inside the Global Inbox database.
Inbox.png

It’s definitely an inbox, not a normal group. It won’t cut/delete.

Since the replies say this is not a normal situation, what harm is being done if any. I’m not encountering any difficulty.