Go to moved file

Is there an easy way to go to a file that has just been moved from the Inbox?

I’m pretty sure that in the not too distant past immediately after moving a file I was able to move from the Inbox back to the DEVONthink main screen where the database that the file had been moved to was highlighted. Selecting that would take you to the parent folder screen where the parent folder that the file had been moved to was highlighted. Selecting that would take you to the next folder level etc. etc. until you reached the file. I don’t seem to have that functionality anymore and despite searching can’t find an answer either way.

Welcome @ih4472

How are you doing the move?

Hi @BLUEFROG

I’m long pressing on the file, selecting move and then navigating the folders to where I want to move the file to.

If you want to quickly navigate to a viewed file, assuming it was being displayed in the view/edit pane, try the Recently Viewed smart group in DEVONthink To Go’s databases screen. You can long-press the file and choose Reveal to jump to it quickly.

Aha, that works and is quicker than the way I used to do it so a winner all round!

Was I imagining how I remember it working? :grimacing:

You’re welcome! I make use of the Recently Viewed and Recently Modified all the time in DEVONthink To Go.

I don’t think you were imagining it but I don’t recall doing the specific thing you described.