Groups not appearing when syncing between two Macs

Greetings,
I’ve synced my databases from my iMac (main Mac) to my MacBook (second Mac), but some groups doesn’t appear in the MacBook.
The files inside this groups appear in the root of the database.

Here how I synced the database:
I opened the Preferences in the MacBook → Sync → I selected the database → Import the database

Something went wrong in the MacBook, the sync stopped in the middle and it asked me to Verify and Repair.
I did it on the MacBook (second Mac), the syncing went fine until the end, but now I’m experiencing this issue.

How can I fix it?

I attach two screenshot of the same database from my main Mac and my second Mac.

Since you say the sync did not fully complete, why not just start again. “Clean” the sync location and set up again. Instructions to do so in Help and the DEVONthink Handbook.

1 Like

Something went wrong in the MacBook, the sync stopped in the middle and it asked me to Verify and Repair.

?
On the machine that you say reported this, hold the Option key and choose Help > Report bug to start a support ticket.

I did it, but nothing has changed.

So I followed the suggestion of @BLUEFROG and started a support ticket.

would be great if you could summarise the cause of this issue and how resolved, in due course.

There are missing manifests in the sync log. I’ve got the ticket in support now.

great. look forward to hearing the resolution and cause.

UPDATE…

Thank to the staff I think I’ve solved.
As suggested from the staff (@BLUEFROG is it you? :wink: ):

In DEVONthink’s Preferences > Sync , select the sync location, Control-click the database in the Databases list on the right, then hold the Option key and choose Verify Database Thoroughly .

But the issue was still there.

So I went to the next step as suggested from the staff (in case the previous step didn’t get the right results):

In DEVONthink’s Preferences > Sync , select the sync location, then Control-click the database in the Databases list on the right, and choose Clean Database

After that I saw a strange behavior: the missing groups where synced as on the iMac, but they were empty.
All the related files were outside the groups, in the root of the database, as on the MacBook.

So I simply moved those files to the right groups, and now all seems perfect.

I attach a screenshot (left: iMac, right: MacBook).
I don’t know why the difference on the tags, but it’s not an issue for me.

1 Like

Thanks for the update and glad you got the files back where you wanted them.

For others watching this thread, these steps explained in section “Verify & Clean” starting page 181 in DEVONthink Handbook, and in Help (“Trouble Shooting” Chapter).

Yes I am BLUEFROG on the forums. :slight_smile: