Groups not in alphabetical order

This is an odd problem that I have not encountered until the other day.

In the navigate sidepane, at times the groups are out of order.

For example, upon opening DT, the list can be:
->Apples
->Bananas
->Carrots
->Watermelon
->Limes

Is always the same group that is out of order (here, Limes, for example).

I have a feeling there is something very simple that I am overlooking. Many thanks.

Toggling “unify tabs”, “unify inboxes,” “unify databases,” seems to somehow reorder the list alphabetically. Upon restart, the order is lost, however, and is consistently out of order (i.e. the same unalphabetized order)…

And upon moving “Limes”, the out of order item into order, the sidebar list is then correct, but as above, upon restarting, the list of groups is back out of order. The list of groups in the view list pane, however, always remains alphabetical.

Same problem here. If i re-sort the content in the sidebar (even without changing the order “by kind”) the order of the groups is correct - but only until the next start of DT.

Any idea why this is happening? Is this a bug?

Current order in sidebar.

Keep groups on top is also selected.

Click the gear icon down at the bottom and choose Sort from there, then check or uncheck as you wish. I just discovered that if I go back to “Unsorted,” DT remembers my rearrangement from the last time I clicked “unsorted” – very cool.

1 Like

Incredible. Thank you. I have no idea how I missed that!

1 Like

This is also available in the contextual menu for the Navigate sidebar.

Thanks, Jim. It now seems so obvious. :grinning:

You’re welcome… and yeah, as they say, “Hindsight is always 20/20” :slight_smile:

1 Like

Indeed! :joy: