Hand-made annotations made with apple pencil look more nuanced on macos

Hello,
I’ve found that after last update, pdf documents annotations made with apple pencil (not highlights but on hand made writings), look more nuanced and bright on the mac os version of Devonthink while on the ipad everything is fine. This affects also previously annotated documents.

Thanks
Valentino

I think it might be useful for you to post screenshots. Your description sounds like something positive to me (I like things to be nuanced), but that is obviously not what you are experiencing.

This is how It looks:
immagine

This is how It should be (from DTTG ipadOS):

As you can see there are additional lines too

I can confirm this behaviour, have this too when writing with pencil into PDF on iPad and later sync to Mac. On Mac it looks as shown above.

regards Frank

1 Like

Please send some example documents to cgrunenberg - at - devon-technologies.com - thank you!

Email in on the way

Thanks!

I’m glad to see this is being looked at already. I’m experiencing the same problem. I believe it started with 3.8.3, but it could have been an earlier release that I did not notice until 3.8.3.

Any update on this? I’m encountering the same issue. It appears that if I open the PDFs in Preview, they display and print properly, but displaying/printing in DEVONthink 3.8.3 give improper results.

The next maintenance release will fix this and will probably be available later this month (but no promises).

1 Like

That’s wonderful news! Looking forward to it.

I’m still having the issue, is It normal ?

Which version do you use?

3.8.5 I check frequently for updates but It says I’m using the latest version.

• What operating system?
  • Can you post a screen capture of the condition you’re seeing?

MacOS Monterey 12.4

The situation is the same as the screen I posted before:

immagine

How does it look in Preview?

In the past on DTTG It looks fine, now the look is the same as the screen up here.

Even on Preview on MacOS is the same, It looks like my annotations have been overwritten in that buggy way.

In fact new handwritten annotations taken with DTTG look good both on macos and iOs as the bug is corrected.

It looks like my annotations have been overwritten in that buggy way.

I’m guessing that’s not accurate.

In DEVONthink To Go, tap the annotation and open the Inspector.

What’s the Blend mode and Opacity set to?

Opacity is 100%
Blend is normal

but if I switch the opacity to 30% for example, and I put back to 100%, the annotation becomes correct and the problem solves.