Handling of IE-saved websites

I have imported my whole digital archive I have collected in 12 years, and so far, I am happy with what DT does with it. But there is a problem: In most of these 12 years, I was a Windows user ( :blush: [size=85]I was young and needed the moneyā€¦[/size]), and so a lot of what I have collected from the net was saved using the Internet Explorer.

Explication: The Internet Explorer used (Iā€™m not up to date on how itā€™s handled today) to save a webpage by saving the HTML-file plus a subfolder that contained all images etc.

So, the typical structure for a webpage named ā€œImportant Informationā€ would be:
FILE Important Information.htm
FOLDER Important Information-Files

• whitespace.gif
  • next_button.gif
  • photo1.jpg
  • etc. whateverā€¦

Because I just imported this stuff into my DT database, I have a lot of subfolders now. Not nice, but the real problem is that DT does not display these webpages correctly - I suppose because the HTML-file looks for images in a subfolder that is not really there. And because images sometimes carry information, I have to do something about it.

So. The clean solution would be to use only web-archives. When I open the original file with Safari, everything works fine, and I could save the thing as a web-archive. But I have about 220 categories, around 60.000 filesā€¦ Itā€™s impossible to do all this by hand!

I stared on Automator until blood dropped from my forehead, but I found no way to establish some kind of automatic conversion process. (Every time I give Automator a try, the action Iā€™d need are missingā€¦ :confused: )

I have zero experience in Applescript; I can only imagine that it must be possible to let the computer do this by itself: Take an old IE-saved webpage and replace it by a web-archive.

Any hints, any comments welcome!

P.S.: Of course this has not to be done in DT itself. Iā€™d export everything, make the conversion and recreate the database from scratch by importing everything.

Indexing instead of importing these files/folders should fix the problem. Or you could convert selected items (with a valid URL) to web archives using the script posted in the thread viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7535.