Hang when emptying trash from DevonThink Pro 2.11.2

I used to subscribe to RSS with DevonThink and and I think as a result I have lots of tags. I remove the RSS regularly but the tags are still there. And one day I found a method to remove all the unused tags (I’ve since forgot how I did that), but I can’t empty trash anymore with now around 1854 items in the trash can. It always hangs when I tried and I had to force restart it. Anyway I can empty the trash? I’m comfortable with the command line as well if that’s what it takes.

The last release of DEVONthink 2 is version 2.11.3. In addition to updating you could also verify the database (see Tools menu).

Welcome @huggie

As mentioned, updating to 2.11.3 is the first step. However, note that the 2.x line has not been in development for quite some time. We don’t advocate running the 2.x application for an extended period of time, unless the age of your machine limits your operating system to Yosemite or earlier.

The current actively developed application is DEVONthink 3.5.2. You can select ​DEVONthink Pro > Purchase ​to open our online store with upgrade options specific to your license.

Verify and repair works! There are still two errors but at least it lets me emptying the trash. Thank you so much.

Glad to hear it. Have a good week!