Has there been a change to how the "Copy page link" is displayed in external locations?

I have always made extensive use of the “Copy item link” and “Copy page link” feature – specifically by pasting them into Scrivener, to allow me to access those PDFs quickly, when needed.

IIRC, in all prior versions to DT3beta2 – when pasting either the Page or Item link, the full name of the filename used to be included in the link – in my case, DB_Author_Title_Year.

I’ve just noticed – therefore I presume this is something that changed in Beta2(?) – that when pasting the “page” link, all that is now shown is “Page 3” / “Page 10” / “Page 25”, with the full name only appearing again when the “item” link is pasted?

Is this the expected behaviour? And if so – did it change in Beta2 – and if so - can we have it changed back?

Seeing the fullname of the item is significantly more useful, than simply seeing a ‘page-number’ in the link – as the latter offers zero insight into ‘which’ file that pertains to…

It’s a bug, beta 3 will fix this.

Fantastic - that is good to hear! :+1:t2:

Seeing the fullname of the item is significantly more useful, than simply seeing a ‘page-number’ in the link – as the latter offers zero insight into ‘which’ file that pertains to…

Unless the page numbers were gathered under a common header of the document’s title…

My Great Book by Jim
Page 2
Page 14

Just saying. :slight_smile:

True – but when one is quickly dumping ‘hits’ from a search inside DT3, over into a document in Scrivener – as in

"Look here for commentary on points A/B/C >>
Item link to PDF to 1;
Page Link to PDF 2;
(different) Page Link to PDF 2;
Page Link to PDF 5;
Item Link to PDF 21;
Item Link PDF 34"

etc., then not having to type in the details of the reference to a particular file before dropping in the link (because its in the link already), is very useful.

Again, proving we all don’t necessarily think the same or do the same things :slight_smile:

Which reminds me of this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_consensus_effect
(the actual link cribbed from another astute post on these forums)
:slight_smile:

1 Like