Hate New Forum Look!

I’m going to chime in and say that I too find the new forum design terrible – aesthetically terrible and terrible in terms of its usability.

Please at least turn off the fixed window width!

– Paul

Dear DevonTechnologies Forum crew,

please change the behavior of the forum back to a more usable way.
I agree with all the other complaining about the fixed window size.

Please TURN OFF the fixed window width!

I think it’s better to have a forum with a good usability compared to a, so called, uniform corporate design.

If it takes to much time and mouse movement for me to get the information I’m looking for, you and I have to accept that I will visit the forum not very often.

Take care and Good Luck!

Steffen

Well then. As so many of you have asked for an alternative style, I have just re-enabled the standard SubSilver theme. You can activate it in your personal profile. I hope this helps those of you who don’t like the narrow DEVONtech style theme. The default theme will be Aluminoid.

Note: The alternative theme breaks the DEVONtechnologies Web site style, and so there is no main navigation and such. And no, we will not customize the SubSilver theme, and we will not offer other schemes as SubSilver is automatically updated with every new release of phpBB. All changes from our side will, of course, flow into the Aluminoid theme 8)

Note 2: Many Mac centric Web sites use a fix window width of 700 pixels, e.g., even our competitors, and most forums there are also limited to that width – and these sites don’t offer alternative styles.

Best,

Eric.

Thanks so very much, Eric. I really appreciate the re-enabling of the other interface.

Vielen Dank!

Thanks guys! That’s soooo much better…

Thanks Eric!

DEVONtechnologies is a company that listens to its customers. I wouldn’t be here if that weren’t so.

Thanks,
and … sorry for the nasty tone in my critique, too tired perhaps. :blush:

Happy again,
Maria

The forum looks completely different when I visit it from the office, with Windoze. Why?

Edit. - Of course it looked different! I wasn’t logged in :blush:

IMHO the very narrow column is a very very unfriendly way.

I understand that will fit 600px but there are lots of designs wich adapt itself to larger resolution.

Besides it the graphs are ok.

Thanks!

It’s possible to switch to a different appearance in your profile.

Wow, thanks Eric.

Very cool…

:slight_smile: