Help! Corrupted database?

I have a problem. Ever since last night, I have not been able to add anything to my database. I can add replicants, but anytime I add new rtfs, I it appears that the rtf is made, but then when I navigate away and come back, the file is missing–that is, it is there visually in the index, but I get the greyed out “file missing” notification in the area where the rtf’s text would be.

I assumed that this was maybe a permissions problem, so I changed the read/write access rights on the database to “everyone”–I did the same in the database package to the files.noindex folder. After doing that, however, the same problem still happens.

I can and have added things to other databases since. And I already have rebuilt the troubled database, but the problem has not gone away. Anyone have any ideas on what the problem might be?

Here’s a sample from Console:

1/5/10 Tue 5 Jan 10:30 AM DEVONthink Pro[1357] Couldn’t copy file /Users/pb/Documents/Devonthink/Personal Life.dtBase2/Files.noindex/rtf/7/e.rtf to /Users/pb/Documents/Devonthink/Academe.dtBase2/Files.noindex/rtf/1/e.rtf
1/5/10 Tue 5 Jan 10:30 AM DEVONthink Pro[1357] Couldn’t copy file /Users/pb/Documents/Devonthink/Personal Life.dtBase2/Files.noindex/rtf/8/Much more clear to scholars toda.rtf to /Users/dv/Documents/Devonthink/Academe.dtBase2/Files.noindex/rtf/2/Much more clear to scholars toda.rtf
1/5/10 Tue 5 Jan 10:30 AM DEVONthink Pro[1357] Couldn’t copy file /Users/pb/Documents/Devonthink/Personal Life.dtBase2/Files.noindex/rtf/9/118 - Robert Baird on Evangelica.rtf to /Users/dv/Documents/Devonthink/Academe.dtBase2/Files.noindex/rtf/3/118 - Robert Baird on Evangelica.rtf
1/5/10 Tue 5 Jan 10:31 AM DEVONthink Pro[1357] Couldn’t copy file /Users/pb/Library/Caches/com.devon-technologies.think-sorter/5ECFBF19-718C-4DE5-B37B-80325FF8D9BD.rtf to /Users/pb/Documents/Devonthink/Academe.dtBase2/Files.noindex/rtf/4/5ECFBF19-718C-4DE5-B37B-80325FF8D9BD.rtf
1/5/10 Tue 5 Jan 10:31 AM DEVONthink Sorter[314] ERROR: Send to DT2 error: Error Domain=com.devon-technologies.think-db.errors Code=1103 UserInfo=0x8f6900 “Couldn’t import document “• Pg 54 - These basic moments are I-for-myself, the other-for-me, and I-for-the-other.rtf” to group “Books > ! Inbox: Books” in the “Academe” database.” {
NSFilePath = “/Users/pb/Library/Caches/com.devon-technologies.think-sorter/5ECFBF19-718C-4DE5-B37B-80325FF8D9BD.rtf”;
NSLocalizedDescription = “Couldn\U2019t import document \U201c\U2022 Pg 54 - These basic moments are I-for-myself, the other-for-me, and I-for-the-other.rtf\U201d to group \U201cBooks > ! Inbox: Books\U201d in the \U201cAcademe\U201d database.”;
NSLocalizedRecoveryOptions = (
“Move to Inbox”,
Cancel
);
NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion = “Move the document to the universal Inbox?”;
NSRecoveryAttempter = <DTSErrorRecoveryController: 0x8d5740>;
“com.devon-technologies.think-sorter.error.model-object” = <DTSFileData: 0xad2280>;
“com.devon-technologies.think-sorter.error.record-proxy-object” = <DTSRecordProxy: 0x8e3d00>;
}
1/5/10 Tue 5 Jan 10:34 AM DEVONthink Pro[1357] [QL] Asking to compute a thumbnail in main thread is potentially blocking the user interface
1/5/10 Tue 5 Jan 10:34 AM DEVONthink Pro[1357] [QL] Asking to compute a thumbnail in main thread is potentially blocking the user interface
1/5/10 Tue 5 Jan 10:38 AM DEVONthink Pro[1357] Couldn’t copy data named Habitus.rtf

(BTW, just in terms of context, as it might be part of the problem: yesterday, I had a mini-disaster. I had tried to move a folder (not that large) out of this databse to a different one. In the process, the program (as it does increasingly often) crashed. Because I was moving items, that meant that the items were mostly moved to the new databse, but they were not yet indexed. Meanwhile, the index was intact in the old database, but the files no longer were there. So I ended up taking the “files.noindex” folder from a recent Time Machine backup and putting it into the database package of the old databse. For a few hours yesterday, it seemed like things were fine, as the old database knew where all of its files were. But then this new problem started. Please help. I am really at my wit’s end with DTPO, and I would like to actually like the program again. It recently has been wasting more of my time, however, than saving it.)

Did you perhaps modify the internal content of a database that was displayed using ‘Show Package Content’? If that’s done externally and without the ‘knowledge’ of the DEVONthink application, The database begins to lose track of what’s stored where, and the Concordance becomes inaccurate.

We strongly recommend against user modification of a database in the Finder. Likewise, confusion will result if one renames or moves a database in the Finder, while it is open under DT Pro.

Your modified database may be cured by running Tools > Rebuild Database. Better yet, replace it with a recent undamaged copy from your Time Machine backups.

You should not be experiencing crashes on a computer with a sound operating system. Suggestion: send an email to Support with a brief description of the problem and attach a crash report and a copy of your system profile to that message.