Help: How to prevent automatic creation of new tags?

Quick Background: I’ve been using DevonThinkProOffice for the past few years along with ScanSnap since I went paperless. I use it merely to organize my scanned documents. The current version is 2.7.3. OS version is Mavericks 10.9.1.

Problem: For the last month or so, every time I start up DevonThink I see a whole bunch of new tags that I haven’t created. It appears these tags are created automatically either from emails I have received or from web sites that I visited. Now I don’t want these tags. I only want to see tags that I have created manually.

Is there some preference setting or mail setting that I inadvertently turned on to have this happen? Or is it some new feature that I need to disable? I’d appreciate some help with this. Thanks.

Perhaps the best way to narrow down the issue is to look and see what documents have the new tags. Are they all email documents? Are they all Web Archive documents?

Having said that, the most likely cause is that you have subscribed to RSS feeds and you have ‘Convert categories to tags’ turned on in the RSS section of the Preferences window.

Thanks! It was the RSS feeds. I set the preference (when to check RSS) to “manual” and I no longer see the tags.