Help synching on iCloud

I have a feeling this has been discussed before, so please forgive me.

I own DTP Office and DT to go. My database is in iCloud. But when I try to synch DT to go, it says, “invalid encryption key.”

Can someone please post a simple, step by step method to get DTPO to play nicely with DT to go?

Thanks for your patience.
Charles Hogg

You are entering an incorrect encryption key, or entering a key when none was specified when you first enabled the sync location.

1. In DTTG’s Settings > Sync: Edit Locations, touch the Edit link and delete the iCloud location.
  2. In DEVONthink’s Preferences > Sync, right-click the iCloud sync location and choose Clean Location. This will clear out any sync data. You can now add, modify, or remove an encryption key for the sync location , but it must be done before you sync a database.
  3. Sync to the location again.
  4. After a successful sync, set up the iCloud location in DTTG, using the same encryption key, if you specified one.

DTSync is done locally, then iCloud uploads to Apple’s servers, then to devices using your Apple ID. This means databases may not be immediately available to sync on the other devices. The initial sync requires patience, as we have no control over the speed and reliability of iCloud’s process.