Hidden feed that keeps refreshing and filling my inbox

Middle of last year I tried out the Feed option in devonthink. I picked three websites that I liked to visit. my needs have changed so I have deleted these feed from my iMac where they were originally created. I deleted them three days ago. Now every 4-5 hours, 500 items are dumped into my inbox from these feeds. These feeds no longer exist. I have created a smart group listing all the feeds in all databases and zero come up. yet I get a blast of 400-500 items from these feeds and I don’t know how to stop it. Any ideas on how to stop all feeds or find feeds that don’t show up anywhere would be appreciated

Welcome @antiduplicity

Try this…

1. Quit DEVONthink.
  2. In the Finder, press Command-Shift-G and paste: ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink 3/Inbox
  3. If you see the folders in here (and this is where they should be) you can safely delete them.
  4. Relaunch DEVONthink.

Empty. Thanks for trying

The items do not appear in the main inbox. I have a database called Michael. They items appear in the inbox for Michael

Are the feeds still in the trash? Or does a search kind:feed return any items?

I rebuilt the databases on all devices. The feeds reappeared. I moved them to trash, emptied trash and rebuilt the databases. 1 feed reappeared. I moved it to trash and rebuilt the databases and the feeds seem to be gone. I shut down DEVONthink on all devices before every rebuild. So I think they are gone for gone :sunglasses:

kind:feed return zero RSS feeds
all feeds were put in the trash 8 months ago and the trash is empty.

I rebuilt my computer using Big Sur and download my main database, it is downloading 111,000 html documents from feeds that do not exist

Do you have backups of your databases ?

1 Like