High Sierra: Mail import logs "Unknown format?"

When importing Mail into DTPO 2.9.15, using the Add to DEVONThink Pro Office plug-in menu item results in one log per message like this:

10:35:30 AM: ~/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/DEVONthink Pro/MailImport/Mail Archive/Apple Mail/Work/INBOX/19fab947c3ba5688cc72f557d5734b95941803ef.eml	Unknown Format
10:35:30 AM: ~/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/DEVONthink Pro/MailImport/Mail Archive/Apple Mail/Work/INBOX/570c85a11d08ab4b14295efb942f4651401d890f.eml	Unknown Format
10:35:30 AM: ~/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/DEVONthink Pro/MailImport/Mail Archive/Apple Mail/Work/INBOX/20d2abecc4522a1bd2d971dd489d3470a5caebe8.eml	Unknown Format

and the emails are not added to the database.

If I use the File > Import > Email window in DEVONThink Pro Office to import a collection of emails, I get the same logs, but the messagesare imported into the database.

Anybody else seeing this? Any ideas?

I see the same thing with High Sierra importing via Sorter.

Do you use DEVONthink Pro or DEVONthink Pro Office? If this should still happen after updating to the final release of High Sierra, please choose Help > Report Bug while pressing the Alt modifier key and send the email to cgrunenberg - at - devon-technologies.com. Thanks!

Done. I had to use the Option key as my Mac doesn’t have an alt key.

Chris

The next maintenance release will fix this, in the meantime email indexing should work as long as DEVONthink Pro Office isn’t installed on an AFPS volume.

I have just installed "the next maintenance release” 2.9.16. I now get metadata for new emails, and can use ‘see also and classify’ and other such amazing things. Is there, however, anything I can do to the emails I imported whilst it was not working to get metadata such as author and recipient?

Do a Tools > Rebuild Database on it.

Export and reimporting the emails might be a lot faster depending on the size of the database. To find them you could use a smart group like…

Kind is Email
Word Count is 0