Highlight color bugs

It is working as expected with any color change and label.

I’m not sure you have understood my issue. If I do what you do in the video, I get exactly the same results.

The problem I was describing above, is that when I go to Preferences/Colors/Highlighting and modify one of the standard colours, then go back to the document and highlight some text using that modifier colour, it uses the original unmodified color. I have to change the colour to a different one in the menu, then go back to the modified colour to get it to work.

Still not seeing the issue. In the document shown, with the Highlight tool active, I changed the Changed Color in Preferences > Colors > Highlighting. Back to the same selected PDF, and… hang on………

Ahh… I see.

@cgrunenberg : After changing the color in the preferences, the old color is still applied. If you show the highlight color dropdown you’ll see the modified color is registered as expected but it still highlights with the old color. Reselecting the highlight color applies the updated color.

1 Like

Lol, yes thank you!

Highlighting remembers the last used color (the actually used one, not what’s currently in the preferences), choosing a different color via the menu updates this. Actually it has been working like that since version 1.x and I can’t remember any similar requests.

So the “logical” behaviour in my mind would be that the highlight selector has no selection at all at that moment (as an indication “I am using a colour which isn’t present here in this menu”). Not requesting that, just saying what how my mind works.

Exactly. It’s just a shortcut to easily reapply the last used color, the user has to explicitly choose a color if a different one is desired.

I get that but after changing the color, i.e., the hue change, that is immediately reflected in the highlight dropdown and the color still has a checkmark showing it’s the selected color. So the the untrained eye, it appears the new color should be applied.

I suppose the answer is: Change the color. Reselect the highlight color in the dropdown. All is well.

That’s the current answer. The next release will automatically do this.

1 Like

Ahh, okay. :slight_smile: