Highlighting and Text Colors

This may be a non-issue to others, but here’s two suggestions:

AN IRRITATION THAT MAY BE A BUG BUT I WON’T DOUBLE-POST
When you choose to highlight text using the contextual menu, it changes the highlight color set in the preferences, too. So the next time you click the Highlight button in the task bar, its color is the same as the one chosen from the contextual menu. I like to highlight things different colors (such as Wiki links) and this just p**ses me off every time. 'Nuf said.

SUGGESTION FOR EASIER TEXT COLORING
I like to color text for emphasis sometimes rather than highlighting it. I go the usual route now with the crayon box, but it’s cumbersome. If there could be something like the “highlight” item in the contextual menu, it would be great. It wouldn’t have to list all the possible colors – just the two or three you most recently used. They could be grabbed from the first two or three favorites in the crayon box, or they could be set up in the preferences or menu bar. Maybe OS X won’t let you do this.

Thanks! Mike

I like your suggestions, but for now you could try setting up Styles in the ruler and applying them using Fkeys assigned in SystemPrefs/Keyboard and Mouse.
I 've also assigned Bold and Highlight to my extra mousebuttons in DT.
All this makes marking up text very fast and easy.
Cheers,

Eiron

Thanks, I’ll try that. I seldom use the ruler, so I’ve missed the stuff like Styles that go along with it.

Mike