Highlighting Search Results in a Text Note

The search seem to only show me which notes have the search term, not show me where it is in the note.

Some of why notes are very long, so this doesn’t help me much.

Am I missing something?

1 Like

Which kind of notes are you using? In RTF notes the search terms do get highlighted in the found documents.

Some are rtf, but I’m not seeing highlighting (I see it on Mac, not iPad)

I’m using the latest beta (Mac too), maybe there is a bug in the current official release?

Could be, I’m running the App Store release

Only PDFs support in-document searching in DEVONthink To Go. This may be a feature of a future version. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

OK, Thanks for clarifying

No problem.

Any update about that ?

1 Like

No, there is currently nothing to report. We had expended tremendous effort in creating a new text editor in DEVONthink To Go. Without it, in-document searches beyond PDFs was just infeasible. However, the possibility is now much higher.

When the new text editor will be relased ? (delete this if I’m OT)

1 Like

The text editor is already available and has been for some time now. Are you running the current version of DEVONthink To Go: 3.6.4?

2 Likes

Should this work at global level? Aka if I search and hit enter should it highlight it when I select the pdf, or will this only work if the search is done within the actual pdf?

Only with in-document PDF searches.

Ok thanks. Is full search and highlighting within pdf and text files on the feature request list (if not can we add it) for DTTG. Thanks.

Yes, these things are on our list of possible future enhancements.