Hot Service in Menu bar

Hot Service has a wonderful help for long. The new version puts the application menu command “Services” into a separate menu on the right edge of the menu bar.

1. This is an improvement as regards the steps that are needed to access a service with the mouse.

2. Unfortunately, not all applications (Cocoa!) follow Hot Services’ order, some stay in the application menu as a menu command.

3. It is not compfortable to work with another menu on a small ibook screen or so. There, one would prefer the command still in the application menu.

Conclusion:
What was meant as an improvement does not work consistently and distracts from automatic work flow (my muscles think when moving the mouse to a certain menu :slight_smile: ) So I suggest a preference for Hot Service as to whether Services should stay a menu command or form a separate menu.

Thanks for the wonderful free appiclations!
Maria

Hi, Maria:

That’s a good comment. Even on my 15" screen PowerBook the top-level Services menu takes up a bit too much room. And I was accustomed to finding Services under the ApplicationName menu and was confused at first.

How do other users feel about this?

I haven’t installed the update because it would consume more menu bar space. My menu bar is already too crowded on my 15" PowerBook.

I agree with Maria, an option would be nice. Alternatively, another user suggested an icon instead of the word “Services” – would be another nice option.